Fun Times!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Preschool Boy ,The State Fair & Mom's One Year Mark

Cedric started preschool last week.  He is in my two-day morning class.  He has grown up so much since I tried to put him in last year.  
He's so funny too. The other day he said "guess what's in my hand.  I'll give you a question mark..."  Then a few days ago he clipped a tie onto his T-shirt and said "I'm a prophet of God. Now I need my keys". As he reached into my pocket and retrieved his toy key he had given me earlier. 
Because we know, the Prophet has to have the 'keys' to preside over our church :)



Last Thursday was opening night of the State Fair.  We have gone almost every year since Lily was just learning to walk.  It's a cheaper price the first night and therefore is usually crowded.  But this year it was a little stormy and the crowds were much thinner.  It was nice and the weather ended up being very pleasant.  Tom's parents met up with us and went around with us for a while too.
Petting some lemurs.

A cute baby cougar.
We try to stick to the 'free' events at the fair.  One that we've missed in past years and made sure we did first was the fishing pond.  This was the highlight of the night.  The kids had to take a 20 minute crash coarse on how to fish, then they each got their own fishing pole.  The pond was just covered with fish, so it only took a few seconds to a few minutes to catch one.  Then they'd let them back into the pond for the next group.






Our other favorite attraction is The Little Hands on the Farm.  I have so many pictures of this place because we do it every year.  the kids get to pretend they're farmers and then at the end get paid with fake money that they can turn in for a real treat.  
Tom, Sophie and I just followed along.
Next we saw the animals

However, Sophie's allergies did not like them at all.  She had very red, watery eyes and the next day developed a rash all over her back and chest.
The kids also enjoyed watching the honey bees (I must not have taken a picture of this though).  It is pretty fascinating to study the bees up so close.
Overall it was a very fun night to spend together.

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of my mom's death.  I actually was a little more emotional Monday, because I think I was nervous about how I'd be the next day.  I also was very busy yesterday with preschool so I didn't have much time to sit and think about how I was feeling.  Here is my sister's blog that talks more about the events that night.  I really didn't get that emotional, but I felt at peace and I think it's because I am more excited about seeing my mom again than I am sad about what she's going to miss here.  The feeling I have is always an anxious one.  I miss her a lot, but I'm anxious for the day we can hug each other again.  Here is the recording of the voice mail she left Lily the night before she died.



No comments: