Lily has long, beautiful, thick hair.

But there's a price to pay for such hair, it's literally a pain to wash, brush and manage. So today, we decided to cut it! When Lily was four, she and her friend, Sammy cut their hair and donated it to Locks of Love (a charity that makes wigs for people who've had cancer). Lily donated 11 inches and got a cute, short hair cut. This is her then.

Now, just over two years later, she was ready to do it again. This time she only cut 10 inches, and it's a bit shorter than the first time, but it is so cute! This is her now.

I'm so excited I won't have to hear her wine when it's time to do her hair. It will be so nice for the summer! I told Lily she didn't have to cut it that short, but she said "no, I want to donate it to Locks of Love". I'm so proud of her for making the choice to do this.
Before
After
4 comments:
Sooo cute. I think its wonderful that she was willing to cut it shorter so she could donate it. And her short hair is cute. Oh how I love that little Lily!
Oh how did you bear to let those lovely locks go?? My girls want to do the same thing and they have the same long beautiful thick hair that their mommy doesn't want them to cut- but I think it is so wonderful that these cute little girls have such big hearts that I am going to let them- right after Whitney's baptism...maybe...some day..LOL
It only took 2 years to grow it that much? What do you feed that child? I want some! Such a darling cut and so cute with her little face!
I want Lily's hair!!
Post a Comment