Saturday, August 5th, after we arrived in Manchester and had our wonderful reunion, we walked back to Dad and Suzy's flat. Suzy made us a delicious dinner of lamb, asparagus and potatoes.
We enjoyed visiting a bit and seeing Dad and Suzy's home away from home while they're on their mission.
Later, we had some sticky toffee pudding.
It is cake with caramel on it and then unsweetened cream.
Aimee and I shared this room, Nate slept upstairs in the attic. Every night we'd write our Facebook/Instagram posts about the day and Facetime with our families before we went to bed.
The next day was Sunday. We enjoyed sleeping in a bit and then walking to church. This building behind us is the church building for the YSA ward and institute classes.
It was a very nice meeting and fun to meet so many people that Dad and Suzy are serving/working with. After church, Aimee and I helped Suzy make dinner.
They invited the eight missionaries over from their district. It was so fun to get to know these young men and women. My favorite part of the trip was getting to know the people and missionaries.
After dinner we drove in the rain to the Stake Center where there was a fireside held.
I had brought a couple of packages over with me to give to missionaries who's families have connections to me back home. One of the packages I brought was for my friend, Tiffany's niece, but she was on the Isle of Man, so I had to just pass it on to the mission office couple. Another one was for one of my young women girls friends. He is almost 7ft tall, so it was easy to find him among the missionaries at the fireside.
Singing the hymns. It was so fun to sing together because I'd sing soprano, Aimee would sing Alto and Nate would sing Bass (Dad would attempt to sing tenor).
Monday we drove to a quaint town called Chester. It is surrounded by a wall, so we walked along the wall and then enjoyed the town. It was a beautiful city full of rich history. The weather today was perfect!
If we ever lost Nate, we just look for the guy with the camera.
We had lunch at a pub, and I loved the mushroom soup!
We even got some fudge afterwards at a candy shoppe.
After spending a few hours in Chester, we drove back to Manchester. We stopped at a grocery store and bought chocolate for our families back home. It was a little bit of a squeeze in the back seat, but we had so much fun singing and reminiscing. It literally brought us closer together.
Nate and Suzy made us some chicken and vegetables for dinner and then we went to Family Home Evening with the YSA at the church.
Later tonight we had some snacks (I fell in love with Hummus) and made plans for the next day!


No comments:
Post a Comment