Fun Times!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beware the Ides of March

March 1st hit us cold and snowy, so along with it came the sickness.  First Jeff got a cold/cough.  This was accompanied with a small case of pink eye that came about a week into the month.  Then Cedric came down with the cold/cough, and then myself.  I remember Friday night, the 9th feeling sick; coughing, achy body, headache.  I had to give a talk at my nephews baptism the next morning, so I was a little worried about not making it.  Luckily my prayers were answered and I woke up Saturday feeling good, just a little cough.  Cedric, however was still pretty sick, so we left him (and Jeff) at Tom's parent's house during the baptism and I was able to give my talk.  However, it wasn't long after the baptism was over my achy body and headache came back.  By that night, after playing games at my sister's house with my siblings, Dad and his girlfriend, Lori, I couldn't even talk.  Sunday I felt the worst.  I stayed home from church with Cedric and of course Sophie (poor thing had to be around me the whole time), but Cedric was doing better by that night and went with the rest of the family to dinner with Tom's family.  I still felt too sick and still had no voice, at all, so I stayed home.
Monday came and I had to still be a mom and get things done, so despite feeling sick, I had to keep going.  My achyness was gone, but now a cold was developing.  I still went on through the week, taught preschool Tuesday (with almost no voice), took care of kids, babysat, hosted a lunch on Wednesday, etc.  Life kept going.  Thursday morning, around 4am I woke up with my eyes hurting, goopy and almost sealed shut.  I woke up Tom and told him I had pink eye and I might need his help the next day since I didn't want to be around Sophie more than I had to.  It was a little tricky getting up during the rest of the night to feed her or put in her binky since I could hardly open my eyes, but I got through it.  I got up as I normally did to help Lily with her hair, got myself somewhat ready and headed to the Instacare.  Sure enough I had a very bad case of double pink eye (Jeff's was nothing compared to mine).  The doctor said it was really contagious and that Sophie would probably get it. I had to call all my preschoolers and tell them preschool was cancelled that day and I went back to bed.  It was nice to have Tom home so I could take a sick day, I still was fighting my cough, but my voice was finally starting to come back.  My eyes hurt the whole day, they were so gross, but luckily Sophie nor anyone else caught it.  Friday I wasn't contagious anymore, but my eyes were still pretty red.  Now Sophie was starting to get my cold/cough.  It didn't seem to hit her as hard as the rest of us, but it's still hard when your baby's sick.  Saturday I woke up at 6:30am to Lily saying she had thrown up.  I cleaned it up, gave her the bucket and went back to bed.  By the time I got up she had thrown up three more times.  I wanted to cry, we had already been dealing with so much sickness, I didn't want this too.  It seemed to be a 12 hour thing, because she was actually not throwing up by 11-ish and the rest of the day she just stayed in bed, but was able to start eating again (even though she didn't feel like it).  Luckily no one else caught this bug either, but by Sunday morning Lily was now coughing and sneezing.  Apparently her immune system dropped low enough from the stomach flu that he body caught the cold/cough bug the rest of us had.  So that's where we are at now.  Lily's dealing with her cold, I still have a lingering cough, Cedric's still a little boogery, but we seem to finally be on the up-swing and getting to the end.  I have to be grateful it's already March and we made it from December to March without any sickness.  March just made up for it :)  Spring is now officially here, the warm weather is on it's way, so hopefully the last week of March is a good one for us.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That sounds horrible! I hope you guys are done with it soon and can have a nice, healthy spring!