I thought I'd do a post on the little things going on in our lives right now as this is also my journal. I have only five weeks left in the pregnancy and I am definitely ready to be done.
I don't sleep well, I get heartburn, back pains, migraines, leg pains and have to run to the bathroom often. Just the daily tasks are hard. However, we still have the usual preparations we need to do before the big day arrives: going through baby clothes, moving Jeff downstairs and convert his room to the nursery, etc. I don't even have diapers yet.
I'm also trying to enjoy what I can as this most likely is our last baby. She's been pretty content in the same spot for a few weeks now. I go to the doctor today, and I hope he says she's head-down as I don't think she's planning on moving much more. I can tell there's a big bump (most likely her bum) on the top right of my belly and I can always feel a little foot/heel kicking out in the same spot on the upper-left side of my belly. She gets the hiccups a lot too. Although she's a literal pain sometimes, I don't think I'll ever get sick of feeling her move.
Despite the fact the baby is due right during the Holidays, I am actually so excited for them! The kids already made their Christmas lists and hung them by the fireplace. They are so excited we have a fireplace now so we have a place to hang our stockings and for Santa to come in the "traditional" way.
I asked Cedric if he wanted to make Santa a list and he said "no, I want to make him a snowman."
I told Jeff I'd probably miss a lot of the Christmas parties because of the baby being so small. He said "that's okay, you can go to a baby bath." I said "do you mean a baby shower?" and he said "yes".
The baby has been a big comfort to me the past few months. I think that's one of the reasons I have coped so well with the death of my mom. I know there's a new little life growing inside me. Although there's no replacing my mom, knowing this baby is going to join our family soon gets me so excited.
For the most part life has just gone on as normal, but there are those things that are inevitable to change. For example, my dad. He loves my mom so much and it has been hard for him to be alone. He's already gone to a single adult activity and has even gone on his first date. We are prepared that someday he will probably be remarried, it will be an adjustment, but I know my dad's personality is such that he will choose someone we will come to love as a "bonus" mom. I want my dad to be happy and he needs a companion. However, I also know that he will always love my mom and I am so grateful our family will get to be together for eternity!
Also, I am grateful for dreams. Last night I enjoyed visiting the Wall of China with both my parents. It was very different than the real wall, but when I woke up and realized I was with my mom, it made me smile.
1 comment:
You are so dang cute, Tami! I hope that one day, when I am 5 weeks away from giving birth, that I can look half as good as you! I am so excited for your new addition!! :)
Post a Comment