On the bus ride there, Tom sat next to Kurtis so they could both listen to the football games on the radio.
I sat by myself and had brought a bunch of preschool stuff with me that I cut out the whole time, while listening to a book on tape.
When we got there the guys wanted to watch some more of the football games (even though BYU was winning their opponent by a landslide and the U was totally loosing to theirs) so us girls went and did the penny slots. We had talked about going to see a movie while there for something else to do, so that's what we decided to do next. Here we are, I'm in Nevada and Tom's in Utah.
We walked the few blocks to the teeny tiny movie theater to watch the movie RED. The movie was pretty good and we had almost the whole little theater to ourselves.
Then we went back to eat at the buffet, which was tasty. After dinner Tom, Kurt and Maren wanted to play some Blackjack. Now I do not understand the thrill of placing REAL money on a table to watch it turn into little chips which can disappear in a second, so I just watched. Tom kept calling me Jiminy because I kept saying things like "look how fast you lost that money" or "you should stop now before you loose any more", etc. Tom finally made me leave since I was apparently causing him bad luck (both Kurt and Maren were doing great and Tom had almost lost everything) so I went and sat somewhere else and played FREE blackjack on his IPod. When I came back over he admitted he had lost all but one chip, but won it all back. In the end he walked away with $5 more than he started with so I couldn't be too mad. Secretly I was hoping he'd win back enough to pay for our babysitter, but between the free $5 we got with the fun bus coupons and the money he won, it at least covered the cost of the movie. We ended the night with a free hot chocolate and headed home. It was a fun ten hour getaway.
No comments:
Post a Comment